8(a) BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM OVERVIEW FOR GOVERNMENT CONTRACTORS
Join us to learn about the benefits and application process of the SBA's 8(a) Business Development Government Contracting Program. The 8(a) Business Development Program is designed for government contractors who have been in business for two or more years.
Space is limited - sign up today. NOTE: Photo identification is required to enter the building. Please bring your license plate number in order to validate parking.
10:00 am- 11:00 am JAN 10 MAR 14 AUG 8
Register online: www.eventbrite.com/e/8a-business-development-program-overview-for-government-contractors-tickets-30962641093
HUBZone OVERVIEW FOR GOVERNMENT CONTRACTORS
Join us to learn about the benefits and application process of the SBA's HUBZone Government Contracting Program. The HUBZone Government Contracting Program is for businesses who are currently located in a HUBZone area. For more information about the HUBZone program, or to review the HUBZone requirements, please visit: www.sba.gov/hubzone
11:00 am - 12:00 pm JAN 10 MAR 14 AUG 8
Register online: www.eventbrite.com/e/hubzone-overview-for-government-contractors-tickets-30963232863
MAKING THE SALE AND BRINGING IN MORE BUSINESS
- Get Your Message Heard – Marketing that works to get in front of qualified prospects
- End Your Frustration (And Voice Mail Hell) – How to follow up and get/set appointments
- Making The Sale – A sales system that helps your prospect decide to buy from you
This seminar is provided by David S. Kelly, CEO, The Growth Coach of Greater Baltimore and will make a difference in your business life. Free
JUL 13 SEPT 7 NOV 2
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Register online: www.eventbrite.com/e/making-the-sale-and-bringing-in-more-business-registration-30257529084
Get Professional instruction on how to maintain your business accounts. This workshop includes instruction on basic accounting principles. This seminar is provided by Ann Graham, MS, EA, CPA, Crosdale & Associates, LLC Free
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
JUN 19 JUL 17 AUG 21 SEPT 11 OCT 16 NOV 6 DEC 4
Register online: www.eventbrite.com/e/accounting-workshop-registration-30225745017
What is A Business Plan? Why do you need a Business Plan? Get these questions answered and learn how to develop your Business Plan at this informative workshop. Free
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
JUN 16 JUL 21 AUG 18 SEPT 15 OCT 20 NOV 17 DEC 8
Register online: www.eventbrite.com/e/business-plan-workshop-registration-30228157232
This QuickBooks workshop will cover how to set up accounts payable, accounts receivable and financials. This seminar is provided by Philippe Lerner, CFO, MBA of PL Consulting. Free
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
JUN 26 JUL 24 AUG 28 SEPT 18 OCT 23 NOV 13 DEC 11
Register online: www.eventbrite.com/e/quickbooks-intermediate-workshop-registration-30229011788
SUCCESS COACHING WORKSHOP
-Do you find yourself juggling too many things and feel like you are not making progress?
-Do you feel like work is always on your mind even when you are with family and friends?
-Would you like to spend more time working “on” rather than “in” your business?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions then this workshop is for you. During the workshop we will explore what’s keeping you from taking your business to the next level and help you develop a simple action plan to begin making immediate progress.
Topics we will cover include:
- Determine what’s working well in your business & life
- Pinpoint what needs improvement in your business & life
- Identify & eliminate the time wasters
- Identify & focus on your “money making” talents
- Develop a simple, achievable action plan
This FREE workshop is provided by MCE Women's Business Center.
10:00 am- 12:00 pm
JAN 24 APRIL 25 JULY 25 OCT 31
Register online: www.eventbrite.com/e/success-coaching-workshop-registration-30357732796
OPERATING A HOME OFFICE
This workshop will discuss the requirements of properly setting up a business office in a home in order to qualify for the business use of home tax deduction. This seminar is provided by Catherine Wright of Wright Way Tax Solution. FREE
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
JUN 23 AUG 11 OCT 27
Register online: www.eventbrite.com/e/operating-a-home-office-workshop-registration-30357360683
This workshop will include information on Seeking Contracts, Core Basic Contract Standards, Documentation on Contract practices and Proposal Presentation tips. This workshop os provided by Shawnte Wright, Multi-Stream Consulting Contract Training. Free
KIVA IS EXPANDING IN BALTIMORE!
Kiva.org is a non-profit that enables passionate and determined entrepreneurs to access 0% interest small business loans:
We Care About Your Character, Not Your Credit Score:
• No credit score, collateral, business plan or financial statement required
• You establish your reputation and community of support by inviting lenders from your network
• Unlike other crowdfunding platforms, our community of 1.5 million lenders funds the majority of the loan amount
• Kiva is looking to grow its impact in Baltimore
• We will be promoting Baltimore borrowers and they will have an above 90% success rate of getting fully funded
JUNE 2 (10:00am - 12:00 pm) OR JUNE 5 (6:00 pm - 8:00 pm)
Register online: www.eventbrite.com/e/kiva-loan-workshop-registration-34000564604
EDG MICRO LENDING WORKSHOP
EDG is a division of the ECDC which is a Community Building Organization that uses Micro-Lending and other social services to build communities throughout Baltimore City.
About EDG's Micro lending:
• Our loans range from $500 to $50,000
• We help a little over 100 clients a year
• Loans are at 8.9%
• Payable in 1 - 4 years
• No one goes away empty handed. If a business loan is denied, we start the applicant with a $500 credit builder loan!
JUNE 13 (10:00 am - 12:00 pm) OR JUNE 15 (6:00 pm - 8:00)
Register online: www.eventbrite.com/e/edg-micro-lending-workshop-registration-34862392354
BaltimoreMICRO Loan Revolving Loan Fund
Administered by the Baltimore Development Corporation (BDC), the purpose of BaltimoreMICRO is to provide small businesses with financing for the working capital (the difference between current assets and current liabilities) essential for businesses to meet operational needs, and to remain financially viable. Loan funds will also be available for capital purchases such as furniture, fixtures, machinery, and equipment. BaltimoreMICRO is designed to assist small businesses that may not be able to secure financing from a traditional lender. BaltimoreMICRO will provide critical financing when credit access is limited, supporting the development and expansion of small, local businesses. The primary objective of BaltimoreMICRO is to stimulate employment, assist small businesses in obtaining fixed rate financing, and to encourage private sector investment in Baltimore City.
Now Offering Business Workshops in Spanish!
EVENING BUSINESS PLAN WRITING WORKSHOP
EVENING CASH FLOW PLANNING WORKSHOP
EVENING MARKETING WORKSHOP
FREE COUNSELING AVAILABLE
SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentorship. SCORE volunteers offer free in person business management counseling. Appointments must be made in advance by calling 443.451.7160
To receive one-on-one business counseling register online @ www.score.org/mentors
Businesses are eligible to receive Maryland PTAP counseling services
provided you have a product or service that has reasonable expectation of being procured under government contract. There is NO COST to the business owner who receives counseling services. Training courses are offered at a nominal fee. It is required that your business have at least 2 years past performance history in the commercial, local, state or federal government arena. Our services include:
- Information on federal/state/local procurement opportunities.
- Advice for obtaining solicitations, references, specifications, and drawings from buying offices.
- Assistance with preparation of bidders mailing list applications
- Market research to locate government agencies who buy your products or services.
- Help in locating subcontracting opportunities.
- Access to library of federal, state, and local procurement resources.
- Support with bid package preparation.
- Pre/post-award contract assistance.
- Aid with electronic commerce/electronic data interchange.
- Guidance for small minority, women-owned, and disabled veteran certifications.
- Referrals to other programs or activities to support businesses when appropriate.
To get started with the Maryland Procurement Technical Assistance Program, please complete our signup application http://www.mdptap.org/
order to view many of the documents and resources on this website,
you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. Click
here for help viewing Adobe Acrobat PDF documents.